In Civil 3D you reset the Annotative Scale list and lose the Imperial Civil Scales (you only get Imperial Architecture scales or Metric ones)
This is an issue in Civil 3D’s default settings but can be corrected with a few easy steps.
Here’s the instructions on how to correct that behavior.
1. Open the Options screen (OPTIONS command)
2. Navigate to the User Preferences Tab and select Default Scale List
3. In this screen, erase all the scales you do not need or want (typically everything except the top 1:1 can be erased)
4. Then click the Add and add a scale you typically need:
Then click OK to add it to the list
5. Repeat the Add until you have a complete set of Imperial Scales you need. Below is my Civil 3D Imperial Scale List:
Now, if you need to do this on multiple machines, you will need to make the changes on one machine then export the registry key (via the Registry Editor), then apply that reg file to the other machines.
The key to export is the following:
Civil 3D 2020:
Civil 3D 2021:
Civil 3D 2022:
Civil 3D 2023:
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer/operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ryan Wunderlich