How to manage users and software seats “By Group” in the Autodesk portal
You would like to assign Autodesk product seats to a group of users at manage.autodesk.com
The Autodesk portal now allows you to have user management by group. You can assign software to a group of users instead of assigning products to each user on a one-by-one basis. You can add or remove users to a group and assign software within a team.
Info from Autodesk on Groups: All primary and secondary admins can benefit from the ability to organize users within their team into groups. Admins can organize users with similar roles into groups (like architects or designers) to easily assign the same products and permissions to all users in that group. Groups are not shared between different teams. If you have a group with the same name in different teams, the groups are managed separately.
- Log in to manage.autodesk.com
- On the left-hand side menu under “User Management” click “By Group”
3. Once you click “By Group” you can create a group by clicking the “Create Group” button in the top right.
4. Under “Local” (The Synced portion is for Autodesk single sign-on SSO customers) type a name for your new group. For example, I typed Designers for this blog.
5. You will now see the new group you just created.
6. Clicking on the group name will give you the option to add users and assign products. You will also have the options under “Actions” to rename or delete the group. Click the “Add users” button.
7. You have 2 options when adding users. You can select from existing users by clicking the “Add” button or choose the “Import” button to upload a CSV file. We will be using the existing user option for this blog.
8. You can either type the user’s name in the search bar or scroll through and put checks in the boxes next to the names of all the users you want in this group.
9. Choose your users and click the “Done” button.
10. To assign products to the group, click on either the “View assignments” or click on “Assignments”
On this page you can also remove users from the group. Click on the “Remove” button to the right of the user’s name.
11. To assign products you can scroll through the products and click on the “Assign” button or you search products with the search option and then click the “Assign” button.
12. You can also unassign products here by clicking the “Unassign” button.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams