Autodesk: When Starting Software, you receive “acad.exe Entry point not found”.
Acad.exe entry point not found.
The procedure entry point <Entry Point Failure Code> could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20XX\<file>.dll.
Most common DLL’s with issue in regards to this error.
- Wrong Version of the DLL.
- DLL was copied to the wrong location.
- Conflict with the version of either Windows Update or .net update.
- Uninstall the Object Enabler.
- Search for DLL and delete or rename copies.
- Clean uninstall use the Microsoft MS FIx-it Tool. This will uninstall and correct the registry.
Clean uninstall Guide
MS Fix-it Uninstall Utility from Microsoft
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast