Installing or deploying Autodesk 2022 or newer products get an “Install failed: The install couldn’t finish. Error 17”
When installing or deploying Autodesk 2022 or newer version software, the installation may fail with an error 17.
For example, when installing or deploying Revit 2022 it fails with the following message:
Install Failed: Revit 2022
The install couldn't finish.
To resolve this error please try the following options:
- Reboot the system and restart the installation.
- If the system reboot is not an option, or reboot didn't work you may install AdSSO
- Download and unzip adsso_2023_7_64-bit-update_installer.zip from here.
- Double-click the Adsso.msi file to start the installation.
- Follow the Installation dialogs until the process is complete.
- Run the deployment/install again.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams