To create a new service in Fabrication CADmep database:
- In the Sections and Services Palette, click on Edit Service Database button to open the Setup Services dialog box.
- When a new Service is created it is a copy of an existing Service. In the Setup Services dialog box change the Service drop-down to a Service similar to the one to be created.
- In the Setup Services dialog box, with “Services” highlighted on the left, click on New Service button. Click Yes in the New Service dialog box. This will open the Edit Service Template dialog box.
In the Edit Service Template dialog box you can assign a new Service Name, Service Abbreviation, Group appropriately, and Assign a Service Template.
- Service Name: Gives the name of the service
- Group: Organizes which header the service is organized under within the database. A new group can be created by typing in a new name.
- Abrv: Provides an abbreviation that can be used in tagging
- Use Service Template: Provides the parts used in the service. The Service Template is the organizing element for what parts are used in a service. If you edit the Service Template, every Service that uses that Service Template will be edited.