You receive the following errors/dialogs when attempting to work with a Spreadsheet in the Utilities for Revit 2023
This message pops up when you open Revit.
“To continue using SpreadsheetGear 2017, the license agreement requires purchasing one developer license for each developer working on any application which utilizes SpreadsheetGear 2017. You may purchase developer licenses now and immediately download the SpreadsheetGear 2017 at www.spreadsheetgear.com
When you try to attach a spreadsheet using one of the tools you then receive:
“Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
The 30-Day SpreadsheetGear2017, Evaluation period has expired.
To continue using SpreadsheetGear 2017, the license…..”
To resolve this problem we need to uninstall, download and install the latest Utilities for Revit 2023.
Please follow these steps:
1. Exit all versions of Revit.
2. Uninstall the IMAGINIT Utilities for Revit.
3. Copy the IMAGINiT.lic file OUT of this folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\IMAGINiT.RevitUtils.bundle\Contents\Utilities
4. Rename the IMAGINiT.RevitUtils.bundle folder.
5. Download the latest build from this download. http://s3.amazonaws.com/IMAGINiTSoftware/RevitUtilities2023Standalone.zip
6. Extract the files from the .zip to C:\Autodesk.
7. Install the Utilities for Revit 2023.
8. Copy the IMAGINiT.lic file back into the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\IMAGINiT.RevitUtils.bundle\Contents\Utilities folder.
9. Test the tools. You should be up and running again.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Lotan