When trying to uninstall or add hotfixes/updates to Autodesk products you get the following error:
The Autodesk installation files have been either been moved or modified. This could also happen when you do an “Install Now” from the Autodesk portal. Another possible cause could be a corrupt install.
- Check and see if the install files are in C:\autodesk
- The above error is for Revit 2022. The location of the RVT.msi file requested in the error is located at C:\Autodesk\Revit_2022_G1_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\RVT
- If the Autodesk product is not in C:\Autodesk go to manage.autodesk.com and download it.
- Once it is downloaded, click browse in the error message.
- This message is looking for the RVT.msi file. We will go to C:\Autodesk\Revit_2022_G1_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\RVT and click on RVT.msi and click open.
- Click OK and the update or uninstall should now complete.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams