On a Vault workstation with Autodesk Vault 2020 thick client and/or the Vault 2021 thick client are installed that have been running normally, an error suddenly appears "Failed to acquire a license. Please restart the product." when starting up the client.
This message only occurs after the Vault Pro 2022 Client has been installed and also if the Vault Pro 2022 ADMS (Server) has been installed on the same workstation.
For this specific conflict, the license type for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 clients were all the Named User license type before the 2022 components were installed. The latest Autodesk Licensing Service and Single Sign On Component were updated without resolving the start-up error.
The following steps resolved the licensing problem for both the Vault 2020 Client and the Vault 2021 Client.
- Step one: Locate and uninstall 'Autodesk Vault Professional 2021 (Client)' in the Autodesk Uninstall Tool.
Note: Search for 'Uninstall Tool' as 'Autodesk Uninstall Tool' will not be found.
- Step two: Sign out of any open Autodesk accounts.
- Step three: Locate and clear the login status by deleting the LoginState.xml file. Open, Start > Run and enter "%localappdata%\Autodesk\Web Services\" (with quotes or without - both work) Delete: LoginState.xml
- Step four: Reinstall 'Autodesk Vault Professional 2021 (Client)' and/or the 'Autodesk Vault Professional 2020 (Client)', as needed.
- Step five: Start the Vault 2021 client and sign in to your Autodesk account.
Once reinstalled, it will be possible to load any of the three Vault clients, 2020, 2021, or 2022 as needed.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Bob Felton