After installing the latest Autodesk Licensing Service 126.96.36.199, your Autodesk applications utilizing a Multi-user (Network) license experience a licensing error. The error may say 0,0,0 or -83. Both will state “An incompatible version of the Autodesk network license manager is installed on the server.” See the examples below
The problem is caused by a new version of the Autodesk License Service and incompatibility with the version of the Autodesk Network License Manager (LMTOOLS) on the server. As shown in the image below, the Network Licensing Manager (LMTOOLS) needs to be upgraded to v11.18 if the Autodesk Licensing Service 188.8.131.52 is installed on user computers.
This issue effect Autodesk 2020 and newer software. LMTOOLS needs to be v11.18 or this issue will occur. The error does not occur with the updated v11.18 version depicted in the image below. Check your version of LMTOOLS by launching the program and going to Help>About.
There are two methods to resolve the problem. Either upgrade the version of LMTOOLS to the latest v11.18 or rollback the latest Autodesk Licensing Service version by uninstalling the latest version and installing an older version.
The steps below are to upgrade LMTOOLS.
- Open LMTOOLS and go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab to select the "Force server shutdown" box and then select Stop Server. Close LMTOOLS.
- Open Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall a program. Select Autodesk Network License Manager and Uninstall.
- Download and install the latest version of LMTOOLS from the link below.
- Open LMTOOLS and go to the Config Services tab. Select "Browse" next to "Path to the lmgrd.exe" and select the lmgrd.exe. Default location is C:\Autodesk\Network license manager. Select Open and then Save Service.
- Go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and select Start Server.
The Autodesk Network License Manager (LMTOOLS) is now upgraded to the latest version.
The steps below are to rollback your Autodesk Licensing Service to a previous version.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the path below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing
- Right click on uninstall.exe to Run as Administrator.
- Use the link below to download the older version of the Autodesk Licensing Service 184.108.40.20621.
- Right click on the downloaded file (AdskLicensing-installer.exe) and go to Properties. Check the box for "Unblock" if it appears. Select OK to close the dialog box.
- Right click on AdskLicensing-installer.exe to "Run as Administrator”.
The installer window may take several seconds to appear on your screen. It will then install the AdskLicensingService.exe and close without any user prompts required. Autodesk software should open without any network licensing errors.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Shawn Heator