Issue: When changing the account name of your ACC site, the Desktop Connector site name does not update.
Here's what the behavior looks like.
- A user with Account Administrator access opens ACC in a browser (acc.autodesk.com)
- Selects Account Admin > Settings
- Selects Edit under Account Settings, types in a new Account name and hits Save
- When viewing the available sites/hubs in the Desktop Connector drive in Windows File Explorer (This PC > Autodesk Docs), the old site name is displayed and does not update to match the new site name
Cause: The new site name from ACC is not propagating to Desktop Connector
Solution/Workaround: One of the following steps often resolves this issue:
Option 1: Reboot your workstation. A reboot may force the new name to propagate to Desktop Connector once it refreshes the drives
Option 2: When renaming the site, use the BIM 360 interface rather than the ACC (Unified Projects) interface by doing the following:
- From Account Admin module, select BIM 360 Admin > Settings
- Select the pencil icon next to the account name to rename the site
- Wait about 15-20 minutes until Desktop Connector has enough time to refresh the data
- Sign out of and close the Desktop Connector, restart it and sign back in
- Verify the new hub/site name appears in the Desktop Connector drive
About the AuthorMore Content by Jeremy Smith