Fabrication annotations are built into the fabrication “.itms”. Custom annotations can be created, or you can use what comes “out of the box”. To edit the database, click on the open book (Open Main Database) and select the Takeoff Tab, then CAD Settings and Annotation Tab. In the settings, you can set the annotations to auto populate, or you can manually set them where needed.
Types & Settings:
There are a handful of different types of annotations for Fabrication. Each annotation has different settings that can be set to match your company standards.
- Numbers Text: These are used typically for spooling for numbering the parts and pieces. (This will reflect on the BOM.)
- Sizes: These are used to display the pipe or duct sizes.
- Levels: These is the elevation tags that are built into the pipe and duct.
- Offset Text: These are used for transitions.
- Alias Text: This feature allows you to display additional item information.
- Dimension Text:
How to Use:
There is a toolbar that has buttons for the annotations:
- Transition and Sets Text (Offset text)
- Lengths (Dimension Text)
- Move Object Text
- Move Object Text in this Viewport Only
- Rotate Text
- Rotate Text in this Viewport Only
- Hide Object Text
- Show all Object Text
- Delete Object Text
You can also select an item, right-click, and toggle on or off the sizes, levels and numbers.
Annotations in Fabrication are simple and easy to use once you have everything set up to the correct specifications.
Created by Heather Volk - IMAGINiT Technologies Technical Support
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Volk