Licensing error “WARNING: The system was not able to store the License Server name.”
You receive a licensing error in one of the networked IMAGINiT Utilities “IMAGINiT Utilities: WARNING: The system was not able to store the License Server name”
To reproduce the error, you try to set the network licensing by entering in 27051@MyServer in the licensing dialog.
Note: “Myserver” is your license manager's computer name.
You click Ok and receive this error:
System security is set too high to create/modify a file under C:\ProgramData\IMAGINiTTechnologies or even create the folder.
To Modify / Update the text file:
- Open the IMAGINiTLicense.txt file in Notepad and edit it to the correct settings. It should be one line and have 27051@MyServer (again, this is the name of your server).
- When you save it may give an Access Denied type of message/error.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Quit out of Notepad then copy/paste the file using File Explorer (Windows Explorer on older versions of Windows) from the Desktop to C:\ProgramData\IMAGINiTTechnologies and overwrite the file.
- Now try accessing the Utilities and you should not see that error again.
However, if it is missing, then you can create the folder structure and file with the correct content.
To create the folder and file.
On the client machine:
- Open File Explorer and go to C:\ProgramData\IMAGINiTTechnologies.
Notice there is no space between IMAGINiT and Technologies.
If the folder does not exist, then please create it.
- Open Notepad and create a text file on the desktop and ensure you name it IMAGINiTLicense.txt
- The txt file should have one line that reads 27051@MyServer . Where MKyServer is the name of the machine that is hosting your Utilities Reprise network license manager.
- Copy/paste that file into the folder and then try the Utilities again.
This File is supposed to be saved with that information you input into the licensing dialog, but it fails because the computer security is too high.
Alternatively, you can use these steps in a blog from our own Cherisse:
After entering in your authorization code for your network version of the IMAGINiT Revit Utilities you get the error message that a license cannot be found and then another dialog box that pops up stating
Problem: WARNING: The system was not able to store the License Server name.
Verify that your User Account Control Setting is set to never notify and try to get a license again.
How to set your User Account Control Setting to never notify from Microsoft.com
- Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
- Do one of the following:
- To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
- To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Contact us to learn more about Autodesk programs.
Technical Support: 888-528-4765 http://www.imaginit.com/support/overview
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Lotan