I am happy to announce that earlier this month, IMAGINiT released the 2022 version of our SUDAS gravity parts libraries. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this but we wanted to ensure compatibility with the recently released 2022.1 update for Autodesk Civil 3D.
On top of support for Civil 3D 2022, there are a number of enhancements we were able to add to the parts:
- Added SW203 Clean-out (SUDAS-1).
- Added SW503 Modified (SUDAS-8).
- Added SW506 Modified (SUDAS-7).
- Added additional wall thicknesses for circular structures (SUDAS-9).
- Adjusted connection point location on SW503 & SW506 (SUDAS-2).
- Adjusted SW502 center of structure snap location (SUDAS-3).
- Adjusted SW502 inside wall connection point (SUDAS-4).
- Modified SW406 size and added additional sizes (SUDAS-5 / SUDAS-6).
- Resolved rotation issue in SW503 (SUDAS-10).
- Corrected model discrepancies in SW504, SW509, & SW510 (SUDAS-17).
- Added methodology to label/table structure insertion point vs form grade elevation utilizing Property Sets (SUDAS-12). Please refer to the 3-part blog post beginning here.
Speaking of enhancements, I highly suggest that anyone utilizing the SUDAS gravity parts (or any parts created with Inventor & IPE) be using Civil 3D 2022.1. With the 2022.1 release, Autodesk fixed a few known defects that affect these types of parts:
- Under certain circumstances, when network parts were Data Referenced (DREF’d), the network structure changed to a different part in the target drawing (SUDAS-25).
- When structure styles were set to “Display as Boundary” in profile and section view, only one single view direction of the part would be displayed regardless of the structure rotation angle. The previous workaround was to utilize “Display as Solid” instead of “Display as Boundary” (SUDAS-15).
- Under certain circumstances, structures could disappear or change layer properties when grip edited in profile view. This issue is believed to be linked to the “Display as Boundary” defect noted above. (SUDAS-26 / SUDAS-27).
Please refer to your initial authorization email to get the download link for the updated parts. These parts can be installed over top of an existing installation, but due to some of the modifications we made, part lists in your template may need to be recreated for them to function properly.
If you have any questions, please contact your IMAGINiT Account Manager or me.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Joe Hedrick, LS, EIT