The dialog box below, stating “Server Busy”, appears when launching Navisworks Manage 2020 or newer. If you have multiple versions of Navisworks Manage installed, then you may receive the dialog box below in each version.
Selecting “Switch To” or “Retry” does not dismiss the notification. Navisworks Manage is not able to function properly when exiting the dialog box and closes.
This issue is typically caused by a problem with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. Sometimes this issue may occur after installing Microsoft Windows updates or if your Microsoft Windows operating system recently experienced a crash. Regardless of what caused the problem with the Visual C++ Redistributables, there was a change that is preventing your software from running.
Autodesk applications will install some Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables when the application is installed. If these additional components are not functioning as expected, then your Autodesk applications will experience errors. It is best to be logged into the computer as an administrator or to have access to administrator credentials when troubleshooting.
There are two ways to resolve this problem. Either manually Repair a few of the Visual C++ Redistributables or uninstall and reinstall all Visual C++ Redistributables.
Option #1: Repair the Visual C++ Redistributables.
- Open Control Panel>Programs and Features. A quick alternate method is to go to Windows search to type appwiz.cpl.
- Type C++ into the Control Panel search window to filter for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
- There will probably be a long list of numerous Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. We only need to focus on the versions 2012 and newer. Leave the other versions alone.
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables should be in pairs. There will be a (x64) and a (x86) for each version. If your system does not match the above image, then you may need to uninstall “extra” C++ or move on to Option #2. The image below shows a matching pair for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012.
- If your Visual C++ are in the appropriate “pairs”, and in descending order, start at the bottom and right click on the Visual C++ 2015-2019 to select “Change”.